Monday, March 20, 2017

SE3EP10: Boystyle and Girl Talk
(or, Golf Pants and Skin Care)

"Ship's Log, Stardate 94819.73:
I wore boystyle to Smashputt, and finally took the plunge into the crazy, multi-stepped world of Asian Skincare.

And it started hella rainy, so I brought out the bigbrella!


First up, I went to another "final show" with friends - Smashputt!  It's basically an adult, indoor, mini-golf art show in a warehouse with themed rooms/holes, and this is their last ever stint. You can drink while you play, and you do ridiculous things at every hole to win (like the scratch n sniff round, or having your golf ball shot out/cut by an electric saw in another).

Mostly undamaged.

I wanted to wear something machine washable, comfy, and well, golf-y.  Putumayo pants were the obvious choice for this.


The suspender straps on the pants are buttoned back on upside down, rather than folded back.  Vest/Blouse are from Fanplusfriend.  I'm wearing the two sides of the jabot reversed.  This is both to mimic the reverse 'v' shape of the vest, and to reveal the buttons.  "Bat-style" vs "V-style", I guess?

Here is an example of what I mean:


Worn reversed (on the left), the bodice is revealed in a reverse v shape, and you can cape it out over the shoulders.  Worn the regular way (on the right), it looks a little more feminine and like a solid jabot.  However, it doesn't mimic the shape and it hides the buttons - that's the same blouse/vest combo!


The rest is offbrand (well, that tote is muchacha achachamu, but you know what I mean, the umbrella is diy, the shoes are payless, etc).


Oh, and the faux fox stoles from etsy, those (and a friggen coat!) came in handy!



In other news, I started reading up on the Asian Skincare Routine craze that everyone is talking about.  And I'm so doing this!

There are about 10 steps.  Minimum.  There's the oil cleanser and foaming cleanser ("double cleansing"), exfoliation (chemical and physical), toner, essence, serum, booster, ampoule, sheet mask, eye cream, moisturizer, and of course, sun screen!  And sometimes even more cool toys, like hydrocolloid bandages!

I, uh, won't be starting out with that many.  In fact, the best advice I have seen so far is to take it slow, and in small steps.  Since exfoliation and acne control are the most important aspects of a skincare routine for me personally, and since sunscreen is one of the most important aspects of this multi-step routine in general (along with essence, but I'm still having trouble understanding that one..., same with serums, boosters and ampoules for that matter), I'm going to start out with just 5 products focused on those things.

Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser*
Cosrx Aha/bha Clarifying Treatment Toner
Cosrx Bha Blackhead Power Liquid
Cosrx Aha Whitehead Power Liquid
LookAtMe Jelly Sunscreen

(*Western, but low pH, contains salicylic acid, inexpensive, and easily obtainable.)

The Aveeno and Cosrx items will be replacing others I currently use for cleansing, exfoliation, and acne control, (like Neutrogena Clear Pore, which is apparently doing more harm than good).  I will be using them alongside my current moisturizer and hydrating gel cream.  I'm also adding in a clear, watery, moisturizing gel-like sunscreen for the first time, since I literally wear zero sun protection as-is.  

Here is how I plan to incorporate those first 5 items into my routine.

Morning Routine: 
Steam face - plain water
Foaming Cleanser - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
Toner - Cosrx Aha/bha Clarifying Treatment Toner
Eye Cream - Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel
Moisturizer/Sunscreen - LookAtMe Jelly Sunscreen

Nighttime Routine: 
Foaming Cleanser - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
Toner - Cosrx Aha/bha Clarifying Treatment Toner
Exfoliator 1 (chemical) - Cosrx Bha Blackhead Power Liquid
[30 min wait]
Exfoliator 2 (chemical) - Cosrx Aha Whitehead Power Liquid
Moisturizer - Tucker Ashley Perfecting Moisturizer


And eventually, I'll also pick up the following:

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
Neogen Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Wine
CATRIN Natural 100 Mineral SunKill RX 
TONYMOLY I'm Real Mask Sheet Pack*
Hydrocolloid Bandages**

*Mostly trying these just for fun, and the experience of face masks in general, and not looking to treat anything in particular.  I'll learn more about essences, serums, boosters, and ampoules first (and probably seek ones for moisture retention) and use those to treat anything specific.
**For hormonal monsters just under the jaw line...

And this is the next planned phase of my routine:

Morning Routine:
Steam face - plain water
Foaming Cleanser - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
Toner - Cosrx Aha/bha Clarifying Treatment Toner
Eye Cream - Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel
Moisturizer/Sunscreen - LookAtMe Jelly Sunscreen
Powder Sunscreen - CATRIN Natural 100 Mineral Sunkill RX

Nighttime Routine:
Oil Cleanser - DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
Foaming Cleanser - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
Toner - Cosrx Aha/bha Clarifying Treatment Toner
Exfoliator 1 (chemical) - Cosrx Bha Blackhead Power Liquid
[30 min wait]
Exfoliator 2 (chemical) - Cosrx Aha Whitehead Power Liquid
Exfoliator 3 (physical, only 2/week) - Neogen Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Wine
Sheet Mast (only 2/week) - TONYMOLY I'm Real Mask Sheet Pack
Moisturizer - Tucker Ashley Perfecting Moisturizer


Hopefully this goes well, and my face doesn't melt (or burn) off...  And if it does, heeeey, I got some new makeup to cover it all up with, hahaha!

Blush, blush, and more matte blush! My favorite!
(I seriously probably wear too much, but I love it as much as I love lip color)
Also, iPsy haul (not digging the "nude" bag, though) includes a collagen serum, kinda intrigued...
Plus more of that super glossy gloss that curbs my candy craving... Peach and Mango!

I'm hoping the fun of beginning a routine like this will keep me doing it consistently enough for it to actually be effective.  Do you have one of these routines and do you like it, or do you have a completely different lineup of holy grail products?  

I'm a little apprehensive about the "double cleanse", to be honest, only because I already constantly ooze oil as it is, but I'm told it will not only fully remove every trace of my makeup (which isn't much, but is often a stain and/or waterproof, and I guess now also sunscreen), but that it will also help dissolve my stubborn pore oil and prevent as much from being produced in the first place.  We'll see, I won't know until I try!

Until next time, and remember to wash your brushes!  Bear out!"
This frequency will remain open for response.

No comments:

Post a Comment